STANDARDS IN THE RESTAURANT Your visit to French Affaire
The restaurant will undergo a vigorous sterilisation process before re-opening, and once fully opened these processes will be carried out at regular intervals.
– Hand sanitisers will be made available at the entrance and throughout the
– The capacity in the restaurant has been reduced to comply with the government guidelines
– A mandatory two metre spacing between tables will be enforced, ensuring you and your party
are two metres away from other diners. Social distancing between guests dining together will be
accommodated in our venues in accordance with government guidelines.
– Indoor gatherings should only be occurring in groups of up to two households (including support
bubbles) while outdoor gatherings should only be occurring in groups of up to two households
(or support bubbles), or a group of at most six people from any number of households.
– It is against the law to gather in groups of more than 30 people, except for the limited
circumstances as set out in law. In these specific cases, venues should take additional steps to ensure the safety of the public and prevent large gatherings or mass events from taking place.
– We will maintain social distancing (2m, or 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable) from customers when taking orders from customers.
– We will minimise customer self-service of food, cutlery and condiments to reduce risk of transmission. For example, providing cutlery and condiments only when food is served.
– Minimise contact between front of house workers and customers at points of service where appropriate. For example, using tables at tills and counters to maintain social distancing guidelines (2m, or 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable).
-We will adjust service approaches to minimise staff contact with guests. Indoor table service will be used where possible. Outdoor table service will also be carried out, although customers are permitted to stand outside if distanced appropriately. Where bar or counter service is unavoidable, preventing customers from remaining at the bar or counter after ordering.
– We will provide clear guidance on expected customer behaviours, social distancing and hygiene to people on or before arrival, in online booking forms, our website and on-site signage. Our guests must understand that failure to observe safety measures will result in service not being provided.
– We are providing written and spoken communication of the latest guidelines to both our teams and guests inside and outside of the restaurants.
- Police and the local authorities have the powers to enforce requirements in relation to social distancing and may instruct guests to disperse, leave an area, issue a fixed penalty notice or take further enforcement action.
- We will be keeping a record of all guests and visitors for 21 days as requested
– We will operate a one-way system for entry and exit
– All members of the team will ensure their hands are washed/sanitised upon leaving their house and immediately once arrived at work.
-All teams will be subject to having their temperature checked before working and will be sent home if a temperature is detected.
– Hand Sanitiser will be available at back of house staff entrance.
– All front of house team will be required to wear government standard/approved face shields
-All team members will wash and sanitise their hands no less than every thirty minutes.
– Our staff will refrain from physical contact with each other where possible and where not
deemed necessary for their employment.
– Staff will not be permitted to share food or drinks at all.
– No use of mobile phones will be permitted whilst at work, including front of house, back of
house and for managers.
-Teams must travel to and from work in personal clothes and shoes, changing on site into their
– All common areas will be wiped down with sanitiser spray on the hour and a half past the hour.
This includes door handles, push pads, reception desks, handsets, washroom counter tops, faucets, till systems, PDQ machines and stations.
– When gloves are worn by back of house staff, they will be disposed of and refreshed at no
longer than thirty-minute intervals.
SERVICE AND DINING STANDARDS Bookings
– Our Reservations Team are here to help you with bookings in our restaurant. We have taken comprehensive measures front and back of house to ensure that both you and our teams can enjoy working and dining in our venues with absolute confidence that all safety measures and good practices have been implemented. More information can be found on our website in the news section and is subject to regular changes and amendments as per government advice.
-Our teams will be happy to talk you through the extra measures that we have taken to control your safety whilst enjoying a ‘Mindful Dining’ experience.
- We will stagger all dining times to avoid queuing
- All wine bottles will be sanitised before serving to your table.
- Menus will be sanitised between each use
- Salt and pepper will be sanitised between each customer
- Sugar will be served individual sachets on request.
-All tables will be sanitised after your visit.
– Wine buckets and stands will be sanitised after each use.
– Cutlery and disposable paper napkins will be brought on a tray to your table for you to serve yourselves.
-Contactless payment will now be our standard with cash accepted upon exception.
**Please note that due to the ever-changing landscape surrounding Covid-19 and the ongoing government updates and amendments, these newly laid out precautionary measures are subject to change frequently and at any given time depending on government guidelines, advice and updates**